Cosmetic Courses Model Terms & Conditions
COSMETIC COURSES LIMITED
Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order to us.
Your attention is particularly drawn to the provisions of clause 4 (Cancelling your Order).
“Applicable Laws” means (for so long as and to the extent that they apply to us) the law of the European Union, the law of any member state of the European Union and/or Domestic UK Law from time to time; Domestic UK Law means the UK Data Protection Legislation and any other law that applies in the UK from time to time;
“Data Protection Legislation” the UK Data Protection Legislation and any other European Union legislation relating to personal data and all other legislation and regulatory requirements in force from time to time which apply to a party relating to the use of personal data (including, without limitation, the privacy of electronic communications); and the guidance and codes of practice issued by the relevant data protection or supervisory authority and applicable to a party.
“Intellectual Property Rights” copyright and neighbouring and related rights, moral rights, trade marks and service marks, business names and domain names, goodwill and the right to sue for passing off or unfair competition, rights in designs, rights in computer software, database rights, rights to use, and protect the confidentiality of, confidential information (including know-how and trade secrets), and all other intellectual property rights, in each case whether registered or unregistered and including all applications and rights to apply for and be granted, renewals or extensions of, and rights to claim priority from, such rights and all similar or equivalent rights or forms of protection which subsist or will subsist now or in the future in any part of the world.
“Order” means placing an appointment or booking or product purchase
“Contract” means your agreement with the Company
- THESE TERMSAND OUR CONTRACT WITH YOU
- What these terms cover. These are the terms and conditions on which we supply services to you. Our services in these terms and conditions mean or refer to the performance of one or more of the non-surgical cosmetic treatments listed in the Models section of our website, carried out by our skilled delegates. Such treatments include, but are not limited to Botox, dermal fillers, a range of face lifts, leg thread vein removal and others.
- Why you should read them. Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order to us. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide products to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information. If you think that there is a mistake in these terms, please contact us to discuss.
- Our contract. These terms apply to the order placed by you and supply of services by us to you. They apply to the exclusion of any other terms that you seek to impose or incorporate, or which are implied by trade, custom, practice or course of dealing.
- Entire agreement. Our contract is the entire agreement between you and us in relation to its subject matter. You acknowledge that you have not relied on any statement, promise or representation or assurance or warranty that is not set out in the contract.
- These terms and our contract are made only in the English language.
- Your copy. You should print a copy of these terms or save them to your computer for future reference.
- INFORMATION ABOUT US AND HOW TO CONTACT US
- Who we are. We are Cosmetic Courses Limited, a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 08510573 and our registered office is at Unit E3 Regent Park, Summerleys Road, Princes Risborough, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom, HP27 9LE. Our registered VAT number is 174 0744 10.
- How to contact us. You can contact us by telephoning our customer service team at 01844 390110 or by writing to us at [email protected] or by post to Cosmetic Courses, E3 Regents Park, Summerleys Road, Risborough, Buckinghamshire HP27 9LE.
- How we may contact you. If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your order.
- ”Writing” includes emails. When we use the words “writing” or “written” in these terms, this includes emails.
- PLACING AN ORDER AND ITS ACCEPTANCE
- Placing your order. To book an appointment as a Cosmetic Courses model you will first need to speak to one of our advisors. Please fill in our online Quick Enquiry form and a member of our team will get in touch with you to discuss your options as soon as possible.
- Accepting your order. Our acceptance of your order will take place, subject to these terms, when we email you to accept it, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us. Our contract will relate only to those services confirmed in the order confirmation.
- If we cannot accept your order. If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this and will not charge you for the service. This might be because of unexpected limits on our resources which we could not reasonably plan for, because we have identified an error in the price or description of the product or because we have not been able to satisfy ourselves as to your suitability for the treatment you wish to attend.
- We accept models from outside the UK. If you are an overseas customer (outside UK), please contact us to discuss your suitability and our availability for the treatment you wish to attend.
- CANCELLING YOUR ORDER
- If you wish to cancel the contract, the following terms apply (subject to clause 10.4 (When consumers to not have a right to change their mind)):
- Cancellations within  business days of the planned treatment: in the event that you are no longer able to attend the treatment on the day for which it has been booked, you will be offered to attend on the earliest available date. All bookings require a £50 deposit to secure the appointment. If you are unable or refuse to attend on the alternative date offered, there will be no right to a refund of any deposit already paid.
- Cancellations where more than [3 working days] days’ notice is provided: in the event that you are no longer able to attend the treatment on the day for which it has been booked, you will be offered to attend on the next available date, at no extra cost and using the deposit already paid. If you are unable or refuse to attend on the alternative date offered, any deposit already paid will become refundable.
- To cancel the contract, you must complete the following cancellation form, click here. A link to this website cancellation form will be included in our Order Confirmation. We will email you to confirm we have received your cancellation. You can also email us at [email protected] or contact our Customer Services team by telephone on 01844 390110. If you are emailing us or writing to us please include details of your order to help us to identify it. If you send us your cancellation notice by email, then your cancellation is effective from the date you send us the email.
- OUR SERVICES
- Descriptions and illustrations. Any descriptions or illustrations on our site are published for the sole purpose of giving an approximate idea of the services described in them. They will not form part of the Contract or have any contractual force.
- Compliance with specification. Subject to our right to amend the specification (see clause3) we will supply the services to you in accordance with the specification for the services appearing on our website at the date of your order in all material respects.
- Changes to specification. We reserve the right to amend the specification of the services, if required by any Applicable Laws or if the amendment will not materially affect the nature or quality of the Services, and we will notify you in advance of any such event. The treatment specification is dictated by the objectives and desired outcomes of each of the individual practical courses attended by our delegates, which are designed for learning and for which you have agreed to sign up as a model. Any such specifications may be subject to last minute changes and may not be modified or adjusted to suit your own personal needs or objectives.
- Reasonable care and skill. We warrant to you that the services will be provided using reasonable care and skill. All of our training specialists providing the training courses are regulated by governing bodies specific to their profession and qualifications.
- Your appointment. You are booking a treatment which is part of a practical training course conducted by our delegates. Each delegate will train at a different speed and this may affect the waiting times for you as a model. We will use all reasonable endeavours to meet any performance dates specified in your order confirmation. In the event that we need to change a date and/or location of your treatment, we will contact you immediately and offer you an alternative date and/or location, as appropriate. If the alternative date and/or location is not suitable for you, you may cancel the order and request a refund. Due to the clinical environment we practice in you are not permitted to bring children to your appointment. We understand you may want to bring someone with you, but we do ask that this be kept to a minimum and they must remain in the waiting area. If you do bring someone along with you please note that they will not be allowed to go into the treatment room with you.
- Before and after photographs. We are required for insurance purposes to take photographs of you and the area subject to the treatment which you are booked to attend. This is only for our administration and compliance purposes. You will have complete control over what happens to the photographs.
- Your feedback and review appointment. You have the right to provide feedback following your treatment for our records and to help us improve our services. We recommend that you allow approximately two weeks following your treatment, before your skin and the effect of the treatment you have received can settle. If you are concerned about any possible side-effects after your treatment, please contact us by telephone or email to discuss this. Where appropriate and if the nature of your concern or complaint requires further assessment, we will endeavour to book a review appointment for you as soon as practicable. Please note that if you have had an anti wrinkle injection treatment with us, any review appointment will be appropriate after a minimum of two weeks after you have received the treatment in line with manufacturers guidelines. You will be required to attend one of our training locations for your review appointment which may differ to your original treatment location if this is deemed most appropriate for your care.
- CHANGES TO OUR SERVICES
- Minor changes to products or services. We may make changes to our products or services:
- to reflect changes in Applicable Laws; and/or
- to implement minor technical adjustments and improvements, for example to address a health and safety issue. These changes will not affect your use of our products and/or services.
- More significant changes to our products and/or and these terms. In addition, as we informed you on our website, we may make the following changes due to the nature of being in a training environment we have the right to change products, change or move your appointment if the course no longer requires this treatment or the if the location of the course changes or due to a trainer or course cancellation
- YOUR OBLIGATIONS
- It is your responsibility to ensure that:
- the terms of your order are complete and accurate;
- you co-operate with us in all matters relating to your treatment;
- you provide us with such information we may reasonably require in order to be able to perform any treatment, and ensure that such information is complete and accurate in all material respects, this includes your accurate and up to date medical history on each of your appointments (if there is more than one). We will not be responsible for any incorrect information provided by you.
- you arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the start of your treatment;
- You must be over 18 to have any non surgical treatment with Cosmetic Courses. You may be asked to show proof of identity if a member of our team requires this
- If our ability to perform your treatment is prevented or delayed by any failure by you to fulfil any obligation listed in clause1 (Your Default):
- we will be entitled to suspend the treatment until you remedy Your Default, and to rely on Your Default to relieve us from the performance of the services, in each case to the extent Your Default prevents or delays performance of the treatment. In certain circumstances Your Default may entitle us to terminate the contract under clause 10 (Our Rights to End the Contract);
- we will not be responsible for any costs or losses you sustain or incur arising directly or indirectly from our failure or delay to perform the treatment; and
- it will be your responsibility to reimburse us on written demand for any costs or losses we sustain or incur arising directly or indirectly from Your Default.
- PROVIDING OUR SERVICES
- Commencement of the service. Our service to you is deemed to have been accepted by you and commenced as soon as you have received an email confirmation of your booking.
- We are not responsible for delays outside our control. If we have to delay your treatment due to an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any treatment you have paid for but not received.
- Reasons we may suspend or refuse your treatment. There may be occasions when we may have to either suspend or refuse your treatment. This could be due to one or more of the following reasons:
- upon assessing your skin and/or your medical details, our training provider raises concerns as to your suitability for the chosen cosmetic treatment, including the risk of any side-effects;
- where your expectations and desired objectives in respect of the chosen treatment as a model do not meet with our services offered as part of a particular training course;
- If your behaviour towards any member of staff or trainer is deemed unacceptable or inappropriate for a clinical environment
- If you bring an infant with you to your appointment
- any technical problems or making minor technical changes;
- update our products and/or services to reflect changes in Applicable Laws;
- make changes to our products and/or services as requested by you or notified by us to you (see clause 6).
- Your rights if we suspend your treatment. Where possible or practicable, we will contact you in advance to tell you we will be suspending your treatment, unless the problem is urgent or an emergency. If we have to refuse your treatment under clause 8.3(a, e, f, g) then a refund of your deposit will be issued. For clauses (b, c, d) the deposit will be non refundable
- We may also suspend your treatment if you do not pay. If you do not pay us for the treatment when payment falls due (see clause4) and you still do not make payment within 24 hours of us reminding you that payment is due, we may suspend your treatment until you have paid us the outstanding amounts. We will contact you to tell you we are suspending your treatment, save where the unpaid invoice in question is disputed. As well as suspending your treatment we can also charge you interest on your overdue payments. Failure to pay for any treatment received will result in legal action (see clause 9.7).
- PRICE AND PAYMENT
- Where to find the price. The price of each treatment will be the price indicated in the Models section of our website. We take all reasonable care to ensure that our prices, as published on the website are correct. However please see clause 3 for what happens if we discover an error in the price.
- We will pass on changes in the rate of VAT. If the rate of VAT changes between your order date and the date we perform your treatment, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid for the product and/or in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
- What happens if we got the price wrong. It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the products and/or services we sell may be incorrectly priced. We will normally check prices before accepting your order so that, in the event of a price discrepancy at your order date, we will charge you the lower amount. If the correct price of the product and/or services at your order date is higher than the price stated to you, we will contact you for your instructions before we accept your order.
- When you must pay and how you must pay. Prices for individual treatments are available on our website in the Models section. The full price list is also available by clicking on this link. At the time of booking for your treatment a booking deposit of £50 will be required. This will be deducted from the total cost of your treatment. The balance is due on the day you attend your treatment.
- Methods of payment. We accept payment with all of the following debit and credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, American Express). We are not able to accept cheque payments. When you must pay depends on what product you are buying. For payment by a bank transfer, please use the details below:
Cosmetic Courses Limited
Sort Code: 20-40-71
Account Number: 93428060
Any failed or cancelled payments will incur £20 administration charge (inc VAT).
- Our right of set-off. You must pay all amounts due to us under these terms in full without any set-off, counterclaim, deduction or withholding (other than any deduction or withholding of tax as required by Applicable Law).
- We can charge interest if you pay late. If you fail to make a payment under the contract by the due date you will have to pay interest on the overdue sum from the due date until payment of the overdue sum, whether before or after judgment. Interest under this clause 9.7 will accrue each day at 4% a day above the Bank of England’s base rate from time to time, but at 4% a day for any period when that base rate is below 0%.
- What to do if you think an invoice is wrong. If you think an invoice is wrong please contact us promptly to let us know. You will not have to pay any interest until the dispute is resolved. Once the dispute is resolved we will charge you interest on correctly invoiced sums from the original due date.
- YOUR RIGHTS TO END THE CONTRACT
- You can always end your contract with us. Your rights when you end the contract will be determined as follows:
- If what you have bought is misdescribed you may have a legal right to end the contract (or to get a service re-performed or to get some or all of your money back), see clause 14 (Your rights in respect of poor services);
- If you want to end the contract because of something we have done or have told you we are going to do, see clause2;
- If you are a consumer and have just changed your mind about the product, see clause 9.3. You may be able to get a refund if you are within the cooling-off period, but this may be subject to deductions
- Ending the contract because of something we have done or are going to do. If you are ending a contract for a reason set out at (a) to (e) below the contract will end immediately and we will refund you in full for any services which have not been provided and you may also be entitled to compensation. The reasons are:
- we have told you about an upcoming change to the services or these terms which you do not agree to (see clause 6.2);
- we have told you about an error in the price or description of the services you have ordered and you do not wish to proceed;
- there is a risk that our services may be significantly delayed because of events outside our control;
- we have suspended supply of the services for technical reasons, or notify you we are going to suspend them for technical reasons, in each case for a period of more than 6 weeks
- you have a legal right to end the contract because of something we have done wrong.
- Exercising your right to change your mind, as a consumer (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013). If you are a consumer then for most products and/or services bought online (or over the telephone) you have a legal right to change your mind within 14 days and receive a refund. These rights, under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, are explained in more detail in these terms.
- When consumers do not have a right to change their minds. Your right as a consumer to change your mind does not apply in respect of:
- Neostrata skincare range or EYN skincare range, heliocare and any other retail products and/or
- services in anticipation of and for your treatment where we have had to incur costs in order to secure your treatment and/or the date of the treatment; and/or
- services, once these have been completed, even if the cancellation period is still running; and/or
- products sealed for health protection or hygiene purposes, once these have been unsealed after you receive them.
- How long do consumers have to change their minds? Where you have bought services (for example, a cosmetic treatment), you have 24 hours days after the day we email you to confirm your booking. However, once we have completed the services or where one or more circumstances in clause 10.4 apply, you cannot change your mind, even if the period is still running. If you cancel after we have started the services, you must pay us for the services provided up until the time you tell us that you have changed your mind.
- Ending the contract where we are not at fault and there is no right to change your mind. Even if we are not at fault and you are not a consumer who has a right to change their mind (see clause1), you can still end the contract before it is completed, but you may have to pay us compensation. A contract for goods or digital content is completed when the product is delivered, downloaded or streamed and paid for. A contract for services is completed when we have finished providing the services and you have paid for them. If you want to end a contract before it is completed where we are not at fault and you are not a consumer who has changed their mind, just contact us to let us know. The contract will end immediately and we will refund any sums paid by you for products not provided but we may deduct from that refund (or, if you have not made an advance payment, charge you) reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your ending the contract.
- HOW TO END THE CONTRACT WITH US
- Tell us you want to end the contract. To end the contract with us, please let us know by doing one of the following:
- Phone or email. Call customer services on 01844 390 110 or email us at [email protected] . Please provide your name, home address, details of the order and, where available, your phone number and email address.
- Online. Complete the form on our website, click here to download
- When we may make deduction from refunds to you as a consumer exercising your right to change your mind. Where the product is a service, we may deduct from any refund an amount for the supply of the service for the period for which it was supplied, ending with the time when you told us you had changed your mind. The amount will be in proportion to what has been supplied, in comparison with the full coverage of the contract.
- When your refund will be made. We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible/ within 21 days of your telling us you have changed your mind.
- OUR RIGHTS TO END THE CONTRACT
- We may end the contract if you break it. We may end the contract for services at any time by writing to you if:
- you fail to attend one or more of your treatments without providing us with at least 3 business days’ notice in writing;
- you do not make any payment to us when it is due and you still do not make payment within 1 days of us reminding you that payment is due;
- you do not, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information that is necessary for us to provide the services, for example, [information relating to your medical history and suitability for a particular treatment]; or
- you do anything that is likely or does bring us into disrepute.
- You must compensate us if you break the contract. If we end the contract in the situations set out in clause1 we will refund any money you have paid in advance for services we have not provided but we may deduct or charge you reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your breaking the contract.
- IF THERE IS A PROBLEM
How to tell us about problems. If you have any questions or complaints about the treatment you have received, please contact us within 24 hours of the date of your treatment. You can telephone our customer service team at 01844 390110 or write to us at [email protected] or by post to Cosmetic Courses, E3 Regent Park, Summerleys Road, Princes Risborough Buckinghamshire HP27 9LE. Alternatively, please speak to one of our staff in-store.
- YOUR RIGHTS IN RESPECT OF POOR SERVICES TO YOU AS A CONSUMER
If you are a consumer we are under a legal duty to supply products and services that are in conformity with this contract. See the box below for a summary of your key legal rights in relation to our services. Nothing in these terms will affect your legal rights.
|Summary of your key legal rights |
This is a summary of your key legal rights. These are subject to certain exceptions. For detailed information please visit the Citizens Advice website www.adviceguide.org.uk or call 03454 04 05 06.
If your product is services, for example the provision of a cosmetic treatment, the Consumer Rights Act 2015 says:
a) You can ask us to repeat or fix a service if it’s not carried out with reasonable care and skill, or get some money back if we can’t fix it.
b) If you haven’t agreed a price beforehand, what you’re asked to pay must be reasonable.
c) If you haven’t agreed a time beforehand, it must be carried out within a reasonable time.
See also clause 10.3 (Exercising your right to change your mind).
- OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU
- We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the sales process.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of your legal rights in relation to our services as summarised at clause 14.
Our insurance cover. We have an insurance policy in place with Hiscox Insurance to cover you whilst you are attending a treatment.
- HOW WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- How we will use your personal information. We will only use your personal information you provide to us to:
- provide the services;
- process your payment for the services; and
- inform you about similar products or services that we provide, but you may stop receiving these at any time by contacting us.
- OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS
- We may transfer this agreement to someone else. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will contact you to let you know if we plan to do this. If you are unhappy with the transfer you may contact us to end the contract within 14 days of us telling you about it and we will refund you any payments you have made in advance for products not provided.
- Nobody else has any rights under this contract (except someone you pass your guarantee on to). This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
- If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not chase you but we continue to provide the products, we can still require you to make the payment at a later date.
- Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings. Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with a contract between us or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any such dispute or claim.