Clinical Director Mr Adrian Richards was joined by Ewan Colville of Sunstone Digital to discuss working with influencers. You can watch the video below and also see some of the mentioned highlights.
- Assessing Influencers:
- Use the free Uplfluence chrome extension to assess credibility of influencers you might want to work with. Quickly check their followers age & gender splits plus country of residency. Download Upluence Chrome Extension here
- You can also assess influencers by simply eyeballing their profiles to check follower numbers, post quality and gauging typical follower engagement with their posts. And follow them with your brand and/or personal IG account to get a flavour of how they interact with followers.
- Buzzstream is another tool you can use to discover and reach out to influencers. It’s possibly more suitable for brands than local clinics, but there is a free trial account you can sign up for and cancel down before you get charged
- Nano-influencers have a following of 1-10K and they might be the best option for clinics with local catchments who want to engage local audiences. You might also find a nano-influencer can be persuaded to promote your clinic/treatments/products with in-kind benefits – like a free treatment
- Beyond the harder-to-measure influencer KPIs like post reach and engagement stats, you can move your more trusted and proven influencers towards payment-by-results models that reward them per click (to your site from their IG posts) or per action on your site like enquiry (lead gen), attending an event or buying a product online with a discount code exclusive to the influencer.
- More influencer marketing insights:
- When your Instagram (or the IG profile of influencers you work with) hits 10K followers, this milestone unlocks extra privileges, the most significant being the swipe-up feature allowing you to embed a web link in an IG story/post.
- Here’s a useful article on local influencer marketing
- Your Business Instagram Account – some housekeeping:
- As Adrian said, you want to verify your business Instagram account. This means IG recognises your profile as an authentic presence. Request IG’s verification badge (it’s a blue tick on your profile pic) by following these steps: https://help.instagram.com/369148866843923. If you’re using an individual Instagram profile to represent your business, then follow these steps instead (be prepared to upload proof of ID like driving licence or passport)
- Use linktr.ee on your Instagram bio to neatly show multiple links to all your relevant platforms or landing pages. Linktr.ee occupies the link in your IG bio and opens up a modal with multiple links to your site, facebook, YouTube Channel, treatment landing pages etc. There’s a free version. Access here
View more live recordings like this here.